[BlueOnyx:25561] Re: BO5209R GUI broken because of wrong PHP version?

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Jul 29 15:46:07 -05 2022

Hi Arie,

> How do I get rid of the faulty php's and re-install the glorious BO GUI php version, plz?

It depends on what you broke and how. Did that guide prompt you to
install the RPMs of a different PHP version? Or did it just involve some
config changes? Or was it one of these *horribly* unsafe ...

curl <URL> | sudo bash

... installers that blindly downloads a script and executes it as root?

On a 5209R these are the PHP related RPMs which are usually present:

[root at 5209r ~]# rpm -qa|grep php|grep -v base-|sort
mod_suphp-0.7.2-0BX14.el7.x86_64
php-5.4.16-48.el7.x86_64
php-cli-5.4.16-48.el7.x86_64
php-common-5.4.16-48.el7.x86_64
php-devel-5.4.16-48.el7.x86_64
php-fpm-5.4.16-48.el7.x86_64
php-gd-5.4.16-48.el7.x86_64
php-imap-5.4.16-2.el7.x86_64
php-mbstring-5.4.16-48.el7.x86_64
php-mcrypt-5.4.16-2.el7.x86_64
phpMyAdmin-4.0.0-4.el7.noarch
php-mysqlnd-5.4.16-48.el7.x86_64
php-pdo-5.4.16-48.el7.x86_64
php-pear-1.9.4-22.el7.noarch
php-pear-Auth-SASL-1.0.6-5.el7.noarch
php-pear-Mail-1.2.0-7.el7.noarch
php-pear-Net-SMTP-1.6.2-1.el7.noarch
php-pear-Net-Socket-1.0.14-1.el7.noarch
php-process-5.4.16-48.el7.x86_64
php-soap-5.4.16-48.el7.x86_64
phpsysinfo-3.0.11-0BX04.x86_64
php-xml-5.4.16-48.el7.x86_64

Well, this list includes "phpsysinfo" and "phpMyAdmin" as well, but you
get the idea.

Make sure you still have these RPMs installed. In the listed versions.
If not, reinstall them via YUM.

Depending on what you did to break your server, a ...

yum reinstall php-*

... might just fix things. Provided no updated RPMs were installed from
elsewhere.

If things are more broken that that, I were in a hurry, had good backups
and could afford to brute force it? Then I'd probably try something
dangerous like this:

rpm -e --force --nodeps php-*
yum reinstall php-*
yum groupinstall blueonyx

Like said: It depends. Basically you need to undo what that installation
guide had you do. And then make sure that the stock PHP RPMs are back in
place. And then restart AdmServ and Apache and hope for the best.