[BlueOnyx:25568] Re: AlmaLinux 9 - BlueOnyx 5211R development

Ernie ernie at info.eis.net.au
Sat Jul 30 02:45:07 -05 2022

Hi Michael,
people will still want to be able to switch php versions for vsites, in
particular, to earlier versions when the orginal site developer disappears
off the face of the earth, which seems to happen way too often!

The benefit is the admserv GUI is protected from php changes, which I see as a big plus.
That way you don't have to spend months converting the 5210R GUI to work on
php 8.0 on Almalinux 8.6 or whatever php is in Almalinux 9 atm.

The GUI could stay on the old codeigniter using PHP 7.2.24 until you were
ready to replace the GUI.

- Ernie.