[BlueOnyx:25484] /var/log/maillog and /var/log/messages zero file siza

Meaulnes Legler bluelist at waveweb.ch
Thu Jun 30 04:39:54 -05 2022

hello

on one mailserver, the SMTP limps, some messages cannot get out or throw
an «Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender» error. I wanted to go to see
what's going on in /var/log/maillog and /var/log/messages and noticed,
that since three days they have *zero bytes* file size.

postfix and dovecot are running apparently flawlessly and other domains
on that server can send mails. Restarting the mails servers and av-spam
didn't help, also rebooting didn't...

any ideas what I could do?

Thank you and best regards

で⊃ Meaulnes Legler