[BlueOnyx:25351] Re: 5210R - Additional Server Admin can create Site admins but cannot delete themn afterwards - fixed

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Mar 8 20:37:03 -05 2022

Hi Dirk,

> I have created an additional server admin on one server. Under
> Expert-Mode, I have given this user all the rights that are available there.

I just tested this on a 5209R and 5210R. Server Administrator account.

No privileges from the "Expert Settings" tab.

Under "Basic Settings" he has the following set:

- "Virtual Site Management" - ticked
- "Site DNS Management" - ticked
- "Virtual Site Management: Additional rights": All given

Under "Site Management" one (or more) Vsites are owned by *this*
server-admin.

This was done via "Site Management" / <Vsite> / "General Settings" by
choosing the name of the server-admin in the "Owner" entry and saving.

This server-admin can then see his owned Vsites (and only these) and can
add/modify/delete users. Including siteAdmins. And he can create as many
Vsites (and Users) as he has been allowed to.

I also tested that he can delete regular users and siteAdmins of owned
Vsites. That worked without issue.

---

Then I checked if a server-admin with 'systemAdministrator' privileges
(from the "Expert Settings"-tab), but without "Virtual Site Management"
from the "Basic Settings"-tab can delete users of a Vsite.

And you're right: THAT he couldn't.

This was an oversight. There was a somewhat overzealous protection built
in, that checked if the server-admin was of the same group as the user
he tried to delete. A server-admin isn't necessarily a member of the
same group as a user - even with 'systemAdministrator' privileges
granted. Because he doesn't need to be.

I made an exception to that check so that we no longer use it of the
logged in user has 'systemAdministrator' privileges and that should fix
your issue.

Updated base-user-* RPMs have been published to the 5210R YUM repositories.