[BlueOnyx:25347] Re: 5210R - Additional Server Admin can create Site admins but cannot delete themn afterwards

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Mar 8 15:54:05 -05 2022

Hi Dirk,

> I have created an additional server admin on one server. Under
> Expert-Mode, I have given this user all the rights that are available there.
>
> The user can log in, create new sites and users in the sites. But if he
> creates a Site Admin in a site and wants to delete it afterwards, it
> doesn't work and he gets the message Forbidden.
>
> Have I overlooked some switch? Do it work as designed or is it a bug?

My apologies. Your message slipped by me and I just noticed it.

Yes, this appears to be a bug with the ACL's for these server-admin
accounts. I presume the rights for these accounts doesn't include the
right to delete siteAdmin CODB User object(s). For each CODB object we
can define who has read, write, create or deletion rights.

I guess the server-admin in question got create, write and read rights,
but not delete rights.

I have an idea how and why this happens and I'll investigate it further.