[BlueOnyx:25375] BlueOnyx 5209R and 5210R: PHP-FPM changes

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Mar 31 19:24:18 -05 2022

Hi all,

So far BlueOnyx 5209R and 5210R used a method to implement PHP-FPM that
caused .htaccess files to be ignored when a *.php page was called.

So if you for example threw in an .htaccess that had some kind of access
restrictions, then it worked for every file and folder of the directory
it resided it. But not for *.php pages.

After discussing this issue with Steve Howes (many thanks, Steve!) I
managed to find a better way that actually allows us to use .htaccess
and PHP-FPM.

So I just published changes for 5209R and 5210R and released the RPMs
with these changes to the YUM repositories.

The changes are kinda trivial all things considered:

https://devel.blueonyx.it/trac/changeset?reponame=&new=4270%40%2F&old=4265%40%2F

When this YUM update is installed, it won't directly convert the PHP-FPM
configuration of existing Vsites. That only happens if and when the
Vsite is modified or some of its settings are changed.

So this change won't rock the boat. Newly created Vsites will directly
use the new method, though.

Also: If someone for some obscure reason or other cannot live with this
change, they can simply run ...

touch /etc/sysconfig/bxphp-fpm-old

... and when that empty file is present, BlueOnyx will continue to use
the old method for both new and old Vsites.