[BlueOnyx:25430] Re: RedHat 9 Beta released - BlueOnyx 5211R development status

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu May 19 19:28:38 -05 2022

Hi all,

> I don't know what the fuck RedHat is doing

And another goodie: I just found out that RedHat 9 Beta CANNOT be
upgraded to RHEL9. They even disabled the beta 9 mirrors the moment
RHEL9 GA was pushed out of the door. And the way their mirror configs
are hidden behind the subscription manager there is no easy fix for this.

Means: I've got to set up a new 5211R build box from scratch. Or I'll
have to wait for the release of AlmaLinux 9 and then do an in-situ
conversion of the build box from RHEL9 beta to AlmaLinux 9. The latter
being the more compelling option, as I'm just about done with the "Dead
Rat" that's now owned by Incompatible Business Machines. :p