[BlueOnyx:25431] Re: RedHat 9 Beta released - BlueOnyx 5211R development status

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu May 19 22:45:14 -05 2022

Hi all,

> I'm just about done with the "Dead Rat" that's
 > now owned by Incompatible Business Machines. :p

Some fun and games: I asked in an official RedHat support area why it's
not possible to upgrade RHEL9 beta to RHEL9 GA or if there was a way
that I hadn't yet discovered. I got the canned template answer "not
possible" from a RedHat employee. I then said: "Great. So I'll just wait
a bit and then do an in-situ conversion to AlmaLinux 9 when it comes out."

The RedHat employee came back with a condescending reply and asked me if
I was trolling. I said I was not, stated my experience level as a matter
of fact and gave a short technical rundown of how I intended to do the
conversion to AlmaLinux 9 and why that's easier than a fresh install and
moving my payload.

Lastly I asked to name just *one* technical reason why an in-situ
upgrade from RHEL beta to GA (production) wasn't possible. Other than
giving third party developers the middle finger after having them beta
test and bug-report their stuff for free.

I'm no longer welcome there. Banned for life. :p

Not that it matters in any way. But this is too funny not to share.