[BlueOnyx:25718] Re: BlueOnyx 5211R Released

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Nov 22 22:03:12 -05 2022

Hi Ernie,

> one thing I noticed, it's not really a bug,the admserv php verison is
> PHP 8.1.12 adn the vsites are only PHP 8.0.20
>
> It's like we have a mix of RHEL 9 and RHEL 9.1

That is intentional.

The Almalinux 9.1 comes with PHP-8.0.20 out of the box. Therefore that's
what the Vsites can use on a stock BlueOnyx 5211R.

The GUI (AdmServ via "admserv-php-fpm") uses PHP-8.1.12, which is
installed in /home/solarspeed/admserv-php/

The AdmServ-PHP is intentionally kept entirely separate and NOT usable
by Vsites, as it's PHP configuration is special. It has special
environment variables set, special paths, has no open_basedir or syscall
exceptions and has special library paths that point to the CodeIgniter 4
Libraries of the GUI.

Running Vsites on it would be a security risk and it would be highly
detrimental to the stability of the GUI itself.

Therefore: You cannot run Vsites on it, nor should one try to do so via
special modifications. It's hands off, or if you break you can keep the
pieces.
:o)

I'm currently busy building the 5211R ISO image, but the 2nd next job on
the list (after converting the "NewLinQ" PKG to 5211R) I will do extra
PHP packages for 5211R that bring aboard more PHP varieties for usage
with Vsites.