[BlueOnyx:25774] Is the use of mod_autoindex.so still appropriate today?

Dirk Estenfeld dirk.estenfeld at blackpoint.de
Wed Nov 30 05:56:32 -05 2022

Hello,

I have a suggestion that in future we do not use the module mod_autoindex.so
and the config /etc/httpd/conf.d/autoindex.conf in Apache.

We don't have a customer who uses the autoindex and it is my first action on
a new server to turn off the indexex option.

If no one else uses the autoindex either or everyone always turns it off
right away. Then we could basically do without it.

Best regards,

Dirk

blackpoint GmbH – Friedberger Straße 106b – 61118 Bad Vilbel