[BlueOnyx:25666] Re: Can't specify whitelist entry

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Oct 21 01:57:16 -05 2022

Hi Ed,

> In the "Whitelist" entry-field on the "Login Manager" page (using
> 5210r), I cannot enter anything following the pre-filled value
> "127.0.0.1/32" without the form immediately
> throwing up a red complaint that something needs to be fixed—it doesn't
> say what needs to be done.
>
> Can you point me to the docs that demonstrate how to fill in this field?

Entries in that field must be IP address *ranges* with netmask. One
entry per line.

So if you want to add (for example) the IP 8.8.8.8 to that list, you
would add this in a new line below the existing entry:

8.8.8.8/32

In your example with "127.0.0.1/32" already present, the content in that
field would then look like this:

127.0.0.1/32
8.8.8.8/32

Or if you want to whitelist a whole range such as 8.8.0.0/16, then your
input field would look like this:

127.0.0.1/32
8.8.0.0/16

In these auto-grow input fields (multi-line fields) the BlueOnyx GUI
(since 5207R) no longer accepts a line terminator at the end. In the
past (in the old framed GUI) these fields indeed did have a comma at the
end. But this is no longer the case in the current GUI.