[BlueOnyx:25671] Re: Site with multiple IP

Apu apu at nocservices.com
Sun Oct 30 03:51:25 -05 2022

On 9/3/21 13:06, Michael Stauber <mstauber at blueonyx.it> wrote:
 > I think the easiest way would be to copy the entire <VirtualHost>
 > sections from /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/siteX and copy it into
 > /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/siteX.include
 >
 > Then change the IP in the /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/siteX.include file
 > and you should be good to go. The *.include file is never changed by
 > the GUI, so this change will persist.

One small problem with this is that the "siteX.include" file is included
in the "siteX" file before the end of the <VirtualHost> declaration.
Apache does not let you nest one VirtualHost inside another.

The solution is to move the

	Include /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/siteX.include

after the </VirtualHost> line though, of course, the siteX file will get
overwritten by the GUI and you're back to the beginning again.

Of course, you also have to configure the server to listen to the extra
IP addresses manually and not have those changes overwritten by the GUI
as well.

All a very minor issue as we're just doing this for as long as it takes
DNS to propagate a new IP address then the site in question goes back to
a "normal" single IP address configuration.

(Applies to 5210R, up-to-date as of October 30, 2022 - your mileage may
vary with other versions.)

--
Apu <apu at nocservices.com>