[BlueOnyx:25624] Re: Mail server problem with Outlook

Michael Aronoff maronoff at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 14:35:35 -05 2022

Michael Stauber wrote:
 > There is another benefit: If the email address is also one part of the
login
 > credentials (and the remaining part being the password), then you're
 > already exposing half of the login credentials to the whole world.

If you look at the attempted logins to hack email accounts you will see
that almost all are trying the full email address as the username. I
LOVE that BlueOnyx has just the username instead of the email address as
it prevents virtually all the email hacks. I have other servers with the
username as the full email and those email accounts get hacked very
often.

Please do not change this!

Thanks,
M Aronoff Out – maronoff at gmail.com

I'm a great believer in luck, and I find
the harder I work the more I have of it.
   - Thomas Jefferson