[BlueOnyx:26115] Re: mbox to maildir conversion

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Apr 12 13:40:27 -05 2023

Hi Ken,

> Also, I don't know how it would work when migrating once site when other
> sites have already been converted.

When you use Easy Migrate to migrate that, it'll copy everything as is.
Maildir, mbox ... it doesn't care. It copies all files of the users
involved in the migration.

Where the new emails then end up that are coming in afterwards? In the
mbox file or the Maildir? That depends on the configuration of "Mailbox
Format" under "Server Management" / "Network Services" / "Email".

> But I can just open up the email using Outlook on both the old and new
> server and drag the emails over.

Correct. Or use the built in ImapSync function.