[BlueOnyx:26623] EasyMigrate VSITE, retain IP address

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Sat Dec 2 10:14:53 -05 2023

Our most frequent use of EasyMigrate is migrating from an older BlueOnyx
to a newer one.  Or in some cases, shuffling VSITEs between servers.
In these cases, we typically like to keep the IP addresses the same on
the new server as the old one.

Trouble is, we cannot assign the VSITE's IP address(es) to the BlueOnyx
server until the migration has been performed.  And in the case of a
server upgrade & migration, we may be talking about dozens of sites and
IP addresses.

What I would like to do is perform an EasyMigrate of all VSITEs but
retain the IP addresses from the old server, which I would then activate
once the transfer is complete.

Doing the transfer and then manually making a change to each VSITE is
cumbersome.   Is there a way I can streamline this to make
EasyMigrate... a little easier for what we're trying to do?

I checked the --help as well as https://www.blueonyx.it/easy-migrate but
didn't see an obvious answer.

--
Chris Gebhardt