[BlueOnyx:26627] Re: EasyMigrate VSITE, retain IP address

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Sat Dec 2 11:59:45 -05 2023

Hi Michael,

> Other than that? Easy-Backup allows to retain the original IPs, so for
> that exact purpose it already does what you want.

Hmmm.  Alright, if I understand correctly, you're suggesting that
EasyBackup could be used instead of EasyMigrate?   That's an idea I had
not considered.

FWIW, I'm usually operating within Aventurin{e} containers with BlueOnyx
these days.  Of course that means that the IP addresses / aliases cannot
be set directly within BlueOnyx but would have to be done at the
upstream node.   So for my (selfish) purposes, since the new server
cannot bind an IP address, no harm no foul. We'd still keep the connection.

Another option could be to set temporary "main" IPs on the source
server, I suppose.

OK I'll keep muddling through as normal and when time allows maybe there
will be some EasyMigrate enhancements on the horizon. No worries there.

Thanks!

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services