[BlueOnyx:26650] URL_fopen setting not taking effect on 5210R?

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Mon Dec 11 09:52:41 -05 2023

Hi All,

I'm helping a customer track down a problem they're having with a
contact form that uses Google's (completely annoying) Recaptcha service
for spam prevention.  The site was migrated over the weekend from a
5209R where it reportedly worked just fine.

Now the contact form is generating an error in the /etc/httpd/error_log
complaining about Allow URL_fopen:

PHP Warning:  file_get_contents(): https:// wrapper is disabled in the
server configuration by allow_url_fopen=0 in
/home/.sites/site6/wwwroot/web/contact.php on line 16, referer:
https://www.site.tld/contact.php

I have checked in both the VSITE and the server configuration and Allow
URL fopen is switched on.   We've used su_PHP and PHP-FPM and achieve
the same result.

Anyone have an idea for troubleshooting this?

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services