[BlueOnyx:25990] Re: Issue with MariaDb 10.5 - 5209

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Feb 20 15:15:29 -05 2023

Hi Richard,

> - MariaDB is running, and all websites are up and running, phpMyAdmin
> accessing  DB fine,  however,  SWATCH continually showing as MariaDB
> failed and could not  restart

I just checked and there was indeed a problem with the component that
checks if MariaDB is running on a 5209R. The 10.5 MariaDB changed the
name of the binary to "mariadbd" and we were still checking for the name
"mariadb".

An updated base-mysql-am RPM has just been released for 5209R and that
fixes it.

> - in AVSPAM MySQL settings are  blocked  out ( error says we do not have
> privileges to   modify this item )

Same story. The AV-SPAM for 5209R also was unaware of the MariaDB name
change. I just released the AV-SPAM v6.4.4-1 for 5209R which addresses
this issue.

> - geo-Ip reporting “no MySQL config “in logs
>
> - in GUI,  If I try and stop MariaDB service – It just refreshes the
> screen and it’s still ticked and active.
>
> - In GUI, If I go to  MariaDB Settings > CNF editor –   and then
>    (without making any changes) click Save – MariaDB server instantly
> stops,

Yeah, these are all follow-up errors related to the GUI assuming that
MariaDB isn't running. This is now fixed on your server with these
updates now present. I also re-enabled SQL support for your AV-SPAM via
the GUI.

> - After  MariaDB  stopped, – it will not start again when using
> *“systemctl start Mariadb”*  -   and  only error I could find  was  “no
> my.cnf file” –  I then had  to open   /etc/my.cnf  in pico editor , made
> no changes , wrote the file out, (overwriting the file)  and then ran
> *“systemctl start mariadb”*    and   mariadb starts up with no errors,
> and all websites come back on line,

The command to restart MariaDB is this:

systemctl restart mariadb

And you can check the status this way:

systemctl status mariadb

So by now your server should be fully working again. Please let me know
if there is anything else.