[BlueOnyx:25989] Issue with MariaDb 10.5 - 5209

Richard Owen richard at pelicanit.co.uk
Mon Feb 20 09:12:01 -05 2023

Good Afternoon to you all,

After I updated MariaDB to 10.5 yesterday, and then it would not start  after the update,  Michael kindly fixed this for us  to get us back up and running,

I have noticed today we have some issues with MariaDB with some functionality relating to settings in apps . ( sorry for long winded explanation below)

- MariaDB is running, and all websites are up and running, phpMyAdmin accessing  DB fine,  however,  SWATCH continually showing as MariaDB failed and could not  restart -

- in AVSPAM MySQL settings are  blocked  out ( error says we do not have privileges to   modify this item )

- geo-Ip reporting "no MySQL config "in logs

- in GUI,  If I try and stop MariaDB service - It just refreshes the screen and it's still ticked and active.

- In GUI, If I go to  MariaDB Settings > CNF editor -   and then   (without making any changes) click Save - MariaDB server instantly stops,

- After  MariaDB  stopped, - it will not start again when using "systemctl start Mariadb"  -   and  only error I could find  was  "no my.cnf file" -  I then had  to open   /etc/my.cnf  in pico editor , made no changes , wrote the file out, (overwriting the file)  and then ran  "systemctl start mariadb"    and   mariadb starts up with no errors, and all websites come back on line,

-  however,  SWATCH still reports it as failed,   and options still blocking access to enable MYSQL in AVSPAM , and there for GEOIP issues as no SQL settings available.

Has anyone any ideas on how I can resolve this please.

Kind regards
Richard