[BlueOnyx:25994] Re: quota listing

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Feb 23 19:06:38 -05 2023

Hi Meaulnes,

> I forgot the command to list all quotas of all users...
>
> In the GUI, one can get a list in Usage Information > Disk > All Users,
> but a correct sorted usage is only possible in the last column
> (⇕percentage), the other columns are sorted «alphabetically» and not
> numerically, that is like
>
> bettina    6.13MB
> franco    57.99MB
> alice    568.29MB
> tim    56.76MB
>
> 568.29MB should come first and 6.13MB last, right?

You can click on the "Disk Usage" column in that table. The first click
sorts that descending and the next click sorts it ascending. Or the
other way around. As all entries are listed in MB this should sort
nicely. At least it doesn when I just tried it on a 5210R.

> The command line output can be piped with cut and sort to have the
> desired listing

You probably mean this:

#> /usr/sausalito/sbin/get_quotas.pl --help
Usage: get_quotas.pl [ --users ] [ --sites ] [ --sort=type ]
                      [ --site=name ] [ --descending ] [ --ascending]
                      [ --help ]
  --users                Get quotas for users. Default.
  --sites                Get quotas for sites.
  --sort=type            Type is one of 'quota', 'usage', 'name'.
                         If none are specified, defaults to 'name'.
  --site=name            Return the quotas for users that are on site
                         called 'name'.
                         Name is the 'name' property is CCE of the site
you wish to find.
                         Usually, it's 'siteN' where N is some number.
                         If this option is not present,
                         the script will return all users on all sites
  --ascending            Sort in ascending order. Default.
  --descending           Sort in descending order.

So ...

/usr/sausalito/sbin/get_quotas.pl --users

... gives you a list of all users and their quota usage and limits. If a
username has no two columns with numbers, then this is a system user and
not a user created via the GUI.