[BlueOnyx:26003] Active monitor warnings after AV-Spam update 5210R

JW Ronken jwronken at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 02:03:16 -05 2023

Hi all
updated yesterday 2 x 5210R with the latest AV-Spam but one of of the
servers I get every x hours the mail from Active Monitor:
Active Monitor has detected recent changes in the state of your server
appliance.
For more details, please see the Active Monitor section of the Server
Desktop.

Summary of changes:

* The email system is operating normally.
- The SMTP server is operating normally.

I don't get the mail that there is an issue though.. (likely because the
mailserver is down but it's also not queued).

I do see a lot of;

Feb 26 07:50:46 ds30 postfix/smtpd[145531]: warning: connect to Milter
service unix:/run/spamass-milter/postfix/sock: No such file or directory

And checking /usr/sausalito/sbin/avspam_init.pl -status shows:

| Service:       | GUI:  | AutoStart: | Running: |

| Postfix        |   1   |      1     |     1    |

| Greylist       |   0   |      0     |     0    |

| GeoIP          |   1   |      1     |     1    |

| Spamassassin   |   1   |      1     |     1    |

| Spamass-Milter |   1   |      1     |     0    |

| ClamAV         |   0   |      0     |     0    |

| ClamAV-Milter  |   0   |      0     |     0    |

AV-SPAM Email service are in failed state.

A /usr/sausalito/sbin/avspam_init.pl -restart brings them back (and I
suspect this is what Active Monitor does the whole time).

For now, I disabled the Spamass milter but that kind of defeats the purpose
;)

Anyone else seeing this?

thanks

Janwillem