[BlueOnyx:26004] Re: Active monitor warnings after AV-Spam update 5210R

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sun Feb 26 02:13:32 -05 2023

Hi Janwillem,

> updated yesterday 2 x 5210R with the latest AV-Spam but one of of the
> servers I get every x hours the mail from Active Monitor:
> Active Monitor has detected recent changes in the state of your server
> appliance.
> For more details, please see the Active Monitor section of the Server
> Desktop.
>
> Summary of changes:
>
> * The email system is operating normally.
> - The SMTP server is operating normally.

There should also be an Active Monior entry for the AV-SPAM itself which
lists any issues it may have.

> I do see a lot of;
>
> Feb 26 07:50:46 ds30 postfix/smtpd[145531]: warning: connect to Milter
> service unix:/run/spamass-milter/postfix/sock: No such file or directory
>

> And checking /usr/sausalito/sbin/avspam_init.pl <http://avspam_init.pl>
> -status shows:
 >
> | Spamass-Milter | 1 |1 | 0|

The next time this happens, could you please check with this command and
report what it shows:

systemctl status spamass-milter

I'm especially interested at the log entries at the bottom of that command.

Or you can also find them in /var/log/maillog. That would help with the
debugging. Or you can send a "Support Request" via the GUI and tick the
checkbox "Allow Access" and I'll take a look at it.