[BlueOnyx:26008] Re: Active monitor warnings after AV-Spam update 5210R

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sun Feb 26 10:04:41 -05 2023

Hi Meaulnes,

> Monitoring the list, I issued the command just for the sake

Very well.

> Feb 26 10:23:17 bleue.waveweb.ch spamass-milter[1824577]: *Could not
> retrieve sendmail macro "i"!.  Please add it to
> confMILTER_MACROS_ENVFROM for better spamassassin results*
>
> Is the last line ok? Do I have to do something?

That last line is OK and can be ignored.

Milters are usually a Sendmail thing and Postfix initially didn't have
it, until it was eventually added to it as well. That's why the error
message still refers to "Macros" (which is what the Sendmail.mc config
options are usually called).

The subset of config options for Milters has several distinct Macros
that can be used to define and configure the Milter connections. One of
them is the macro "i", which pops up in this error message.

If I recall correctly Postfix' Milter implementation doesn't provide the
"i" Macro and we don't really need it anyway. For what it's worth: If
you use Sendmail and spamass-milter, it'll complain about the "b" Macro
not being configured, which equally can be ignored as we don't need that
either.