[BlueOnyx:25896] Re: OpenDKIM support for BlueOnyx 5211R released

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Jan 5 19:33:48 -05 2023

Hello everyone,

Chris Gebhardt recently posted his excellent guide on how to enable
OpenDKIM on a BlueOnyx:

https://www.virtbiz.com/client/index.php?rp=/knowledgebase/4996/Add-DKIM-for-BlueOnyx-VSITE.html

So then I finally gave in and said:

>> Ah, you know what? I guess it's not *that* much work, so I think I'll
>> build it into the DNS GUI. I'll throw OpenDKIM in as mandatory RPM and
>> provide the GUI to create/manage the keys and TXT DNS records.

I do have some news in regards to that:

https://www.blueonyx.it/opendkim

BlueOnyx 5211R now has OpenDKIM support out of the box. \o/

I used the same methodology as Chris used in his guide and that made
things pretty easy. The link above has images that show how it looks.

I will backport this to BlueOnyx 5210R as well, but this needs some
special care and attention as it will mess with the Milter settings of
those that have the AV-SPAM installed. For that I already included some
provisions in the 5211R code, but I need to test the 5210R version of
this really carefully before I push it out.

> I presume that will be something for 5211R and possibly backported to
> 5210R.   If that's the case, I'll keep the guide active for those who
> want to run OpenDKIM for VSITEs on a 5209R, since those will still be
> knocking around for a while.    When the feature is released, I'll
> update my KB entry noting the obsolescence.

That's correct, Chris. And again many thanks for that excellent guide!