[BlueOnyx:25910] Re: sendmail issue with fairly new 5210R server

Larry Smith lesmith at ecsis.net
Tue Jan 10 11:05:55 -05 2023

Michael,

  Got around to trying your suggestion to switch
to Postfix (from sendmail ) on this server.  First
off get error (warning):
"Do not list domain XXX.domain.tld in BOTH mydestination
and virtual_alias_domains" where XXX.domain.tld is the
name of the server itself.  Commented out the server
name from /etc/mail/local_host_names cleared this error
but sure the next change of any sort will put it back.

Second, get the error (warning):
"connect to Milter service unix:/var/run/milter-geoip.sock: Permission denied"
Have not figured this one out.  Not sure if it is hurting anything
or not.

Also got a few errors on file being newer than their DB (vsite_ssl.map)
but ran postmap on this fixed it.

Watching to see if I get any more "User unknown" for existing accounts.
Got one again this morning with sendmail which prompted me to go ahead
and try the change to postfix.

--
Larry Smith
lesmith at ecsis.net