[BlueOnyx:25913] Re: The GoAccess daemon is currently not running

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Jan 10 17:26:44 -05 2023

Hi Martin,

Sorry, I just now noticed your message.

> GoAccess looks nice, thank you for implementation!
>
> The first section „OVERALL ANALYZED REQUESTS“ is empty, is this correct?
> The second section "OVERALL ANALYZED REQUESTS  05/JAN/2023 — 06/JAN/2023“ contains data.
>
> Am I able to see wich virtualhost causes wich count of traffic?
> Thats the most important information I need for billing.

I doubt it can be used for that purpose. I just checked on one of the
BlueOnyx YUM repositories, which has GoAccess installed. It does seem to
report an expected amount of hits and request URLs, as well as the
correct "Visitor Hostnames and IPs" and all that.

But when I look at the table "Virtual Hosts" it reports a grand total of
6 bytes of traffic for mirror.blueonyx.de. That can't be right,
considering I published YUM updates both today and yesterday and in the
last 12 hours since the logrotate some of these *have* been downloaded
from there.

The Webalizer that is built into the GUI gives me better results on the
traffic per Vsite. Not on a daily basis, but the monthly statistics are
good. For example: For mirror.blueonyx.de it reports for the 10 days of
January a traffic that matches my expectations.

> Same for mail.
> The first section in statistic - email contains all sites and user but they are all 0 (zero)
Which BlueOnyx version is that? 5210R or 5211R?