[BlueOnyx:25926] Re: Can't set host name in GUI - fixed

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sat Jan 14 14:36:51 -05 2023

Hi Richard, hi Juerg,

Earlier I wrote:
> Indeed. Upon login the GUI stores the contents of the "System" Object in
> your session data to prevent us from re-fetching the same damn Object on
> every bloody GUI page we visit. After all: We need the data in it all
> the time to present the pages.
>
> I'll look at it and will publish a fix

This has now been fixed:

https://devel.blueonyx.it/trac/changeset/4520/

The GUI page /network/ethernet on 5211R will now fetch the 'System'
Object from CODB when the page is loaded or re-loaded after a "Save".

I added a call that bypasses the usage of the session cache. So what you
now see on /network/ethernet will always be fully up to date and not
cached data.