[BlueOnyx:25925] Re: Can't set host name in GUI

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Jan 13 14:13:25 -05 2023

Hi Juerg and Robert,

Juerg wrote:
> @Michael: my hosting provider resets my dns and I patch /etc/resolv.conf
> with a cronjob. I would write a perl-script which changes it over
> cceclient in a free minute. So I haven't do great debugging. But what I
> can say: cceclient shows correct new values, also the new servers are
> written to system (in my case /etc/resolv.conf). But $System contained
> the old values (tested it with print_r($System) in php-script.

Indeed. Upon login the GUI stores the contents of the "System" Object in
your session data to prevent us from re-fetching the same damn Object on
every bloody GUI page we visit. After all: We need the data in it all
the time to present the pages.

But naturally this has the side effect that if the admin changes
anything in the "System" Object in CCEd your existing session continues
with the session stored data until you log out and log back in.

As this is undesirable I have already some provisions in places where we
save an the updates modify the System Object. Apparently I forgot to use
them on the TCP/IP page.

I'll look at it and will publish a fix. Many thanks for bringing that up!