[BlueOnyx:25943] question on how geoip handles dot mil tld

Larry Smith lesmith at ecsis.net
Sun Jan 22 11:20:43 -05 2023

Have an email in secondary MX server queue
addressed to a user on a 5210R blueonyx box
with AV-SPAM.  I can see nothing under the GEOIP
settings regarding .mil tld's and the message is being
rejected with:

dsn=4.3.2, status=deferred (host srv.domain.com [AA.BB.CC.DD]
said: 451 4.3.2 Please try again later (in reply to RCPT TO command))

and at the blueonyx box:

Milter: to=<user at domain.com>, reject=451 4.3.2 Please try again later
Milter (milter-geoip): write(A) returned -1, expected 5: Broken pipe
Milter (milter-geoip): to error state

When I turn off geoip for the blueonyx server these messages are delivered
right away.

--
Larry Smith
lesmith at ecsis.net