[BlueOnyx:26378] Re: The Postfix learning curve continues

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sun Jul 30 10:56:05 -05 2023

Hi Chad,

> I'm now facing an issue that I'm not sure how to address in Postfix.  I
> have a number of devices in my network (BMC/ILO/iDRAC) and other
> consumer devices (like NAS systems, etc.) that typically send emails
> when health/status issues arise.  Unfortunately, the majority of these
> do not have any concept of authentication to the email server before
> they try to send email.

You can do this via the GUI. Under "Server Management" / "Network
Services" / "Email" go to the "Advanced" tab there is a form field
called "Relay Email From Hosts/Domains/IP Addresses".

It takes domain names, IP addresses and IP address ranges. If you want
to allow a whole IP address range like 192.168.0.0/16, then you'd enter
it this way: 192.168.0.0 (without the mask).

Hosts that you have whitelisted this way can send email both to your
server as well as through your server if the email is for an address
that isn't hosted on the BlueOnyx itself.