[BlueOnyx:26314] Re: negative AV-Spam score

Meaulnes Legler @ MailList bluelist at waveweb.ch
Thu Jun 22 09:31:19 -05 2023

thank you Jürg, now I found the catch:

This clever jerk managed to send his blackmailing spam *from and to* my server administrator address. And since my server administrator address is in the whitelist (sorry! now politically correct: in the welcomelist:-) because I don't want to have my users to be blocklisted when I write them something, the e-mail got presumably this high negative score of -61.5

You might have noticed this HackersBitcoinAddress rule in the X-Spam-Status, it's a rule I created with this cool BO «SpamAssassin Rule Editor» in AV-Spam. In this rule, I inserted the long bitcoin wallet address (as Expression) to be searched in the message body. I gave it a score of 9. Now I increased the score to 100, hope that works out.

Do you know where all those rules and their dedicated scores are listed? Can they be edited?

Thank you and best regards

で⊃ Meaulnes Legler
Zurich, Switzerland