[BlueOnyx:26317] Re: negative AV-Spam score

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Jun 22 12:05:37 -05 2023

Hi Juerg and Meaulnes,

> Rules are documented in the files Larry told you, maybe in another
> directory,  but you can search for the filenames. Do not change the
> score in this file, because this files will be replaced after an update.
> You can create new score in the file you create your own rules (because
> I don't use the plugin I don't know it's location). Simple add a line:
>
> score     BAYES_00                          -4
>
> to overwrite score for BAYES_00.

Basically it works like this:

You can place your own (server wide) rules or score changes in a new
file the directory /etc/mail/spamassassin/

Make sure the file name ends with *.cf and then do a "systemctl restart
spamassassin" to put it into effect.

As long as you don't modify an existing file your own changes will
survive through AV-SPAM and SpamAssassin updates.

User rules (which apply only to a single specific user) are located in
~username/.spamassassin/user_rules and there is a GUI editor to modify them.