[BlueOnyx:26322] Re: negative AV-Spam score

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Thu Jun 22 15:08:15 -05 2023

On 6/22/2023 2:42 PM, Meaulnes Legler @ MailList via Blueonyx wrote:
> Can someone help me to set up a rule that recognizes *the same from
> and to address* in the header? I'm not very skilled for this...

Oh man.  Am I the only person who emails myself things from time to time?

Also, a lot of my IoT devices that send email are configured to send
from/to the same address.   So for my purposes that rule would not be good.

That said, I do have a customer complaining today that he is getting a
lot of messages about “I recorded you!" being sent from his own email
address.    I wonder if the efforts are better spent on analyzing other
aspects of the messages for detection.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services