[BlueOnyx:26328] Re: negative AV-Spam score

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Jun 22 17:06:23 -05 2023

Hi Chris,

> Am I the only person who emails myself things from time to time?

Nope. :o)

I've also fallen into that trap and SPF is hitting me hard on this, too.
Worse: I have an aggregator email account, which gets the forwards from
all business and project related emails via email forwarding.

The BlueOnyx email forwarding keeps the original sender address, which
is a bad idea when the originating account has strict SPF rules configured.

It's on my to-do list for next week: To overhaul the email forwarder in
BlueOnyx to change the FROM in forwarded emails to the recipients
address and to set the original FROM address into the REPLY-TO field
instead.