[BlueOnyx:26012] Two Log related questions

Dirk Estenfeld dirk.estenfeld at blackpoint.de
Tue Mar 7 09:20:41 -05 2023

Hello,

There are two things that I have noticed for some time. However, I have
always accepted them as they are. Now a customer has asked me about it and
so I would like to address it.

1.)

There are directories with the years under /home/.sites/server/logs/. In
these directories are directories with the months (1, 2, ...). In these
directories there are directories with the days (1, 2, 3. ...) and in each
of these directories are the files:

-rw------- 1 admin users    1772 Jan 21 04:04 ftp.cache

-rw------- 1 admin users    1294 Jan 21 04:04 net.cache

-rw------- 1 admin users 5460317 Jan 21 03:51 web.cache

The annual directories under /home/.sites/server/logs/ do not comply to the
setting made in the DSGVO settings in the GUI and over the years quite a bit
of data can accumulate in the directories.

I think it is a mistake that these directories are kept over the years if
they are not regularly deleted on everyones own.

2.)

There is a file suphp_log in /var/log/httpd/ that does not roll and that can
become large (and make var full).

This file should be included in the configuration for rolling log files so
as not to run the risk of /var filling up.

Best regards,

Dirk

blackpoint GmbH – Friedberger Straße 106b – 61118 Bad Vilbel