[BlueOnyx:26015] Re: Automagially adding MTA/MSA records and editing M4 config

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Mar 9 19:35:16 -05 2023

Hi Arie,

> Last few days my server seems to be inserting MTA/MSA records by itself,
> thus rendering ports 25 and 587 useless. Also it removes the
> MAILER(smtp) line from the sendmail config.
>
> At itself no problem but very inconvenient cause I have to restore this.
> Any ideas what is causing this to happen, and why?

You have to get used to the fact that manual additions to
sendmail.mc/sendmail.cf may get overwritten.

There was a recent update to base-email that *tries* really hard to
retain most of sendmail.mc and user-additions, but if an option is GUI
configurable, then the matching line for that item WILL be replaced in
sendmail.mc when you save - or when sendmail.mc is rebuilt.

Port 25/465/587 are enabled/disabled via GUI configurable options.

Enable SMTP Server: If ticked, enables port 25

Enable SMTPS Server: If ticked, enables port 465

Enable Submission Port: If ticked, enables port 587