[BlueOnyx:26023] Re: Updated AV-SPAM for 5209R available

Richard Owen richard at pelicanit.co.uk
Mon Mar 13 03:19:49 -05 2023

Hi Michael,

Upgrade ran through perfectly, no issues, and all services are  up and running.

However, when trying to run swatch we get the following errors;

/usr/sbin/swatch
DBI connect('avspam7:127.0.0.1:3306','avspam',...) failed: Access denied for user 'avspam'@'localhost' to database 'avspam7' at /usr/sausalito/swatch/bin/am_emailtraffic.pl line 69.
Can't call method "selectall_hashref" on an undefined value at /usr/sausalito/swatch/bin/am_emailtraffic.pl line 71, <GEN0> line 126.
Can't call method "do" on an undefined value at /usr/sausalito/swatch/bin/am_avspam_spamassassin.pl line 54, <GEN0> line 177.

AVSPAM is up and  running, it indicates it can access SQL, we have in the GUI, unselected Use SQL  saved it , then reselected it, also flushed the DB, and still get the same error when SWATCH runs.

-
Just to add to this - swatch  appears  to be  trying to access a DB called avspam7, we did not  have a avspam7 Db, we have a avspam6 , also I noted some avspam errors about connected to avspam7 Db, however it all still started, and still indicated in GUI SQL was enabled for avspam and connection ok, which was strange as DB was missing

So I create the DB called avspam7 -  gave access to it for avspam user,
Then ran swatch, received  a different error about a table missing, ran swatch again, all errors  had cleared, and swatch ran with no issue.

All appears to be running fine, all services are up and running, however we di still revied these messages in the logs -  clamav-milter[29803]: No clamd server appears to be available.

Kind regards
Richard

------------
Hi all,

An updated AV-SPAM has just been released for BlueOnyx 5209R and it contains the same features and modifications that the newly released AV-SPAM for 5211R and 52110R recently received.

For reference see: "[BlueOnyx:25991] AV-SPAM for 5211R available" on this list.

The AV-SPAM for BlueOnyx 5209R now also *includes* Clam AV and Clam AV is no longer shipped as a separate PKG. Instead it is served out of the AV-SPAM YUM repository for easier updates. The Clam AV version shipped at this time is v1.0.1, which is the latest one.

Please note:
=============

For best user experience it is recommended that you do run a "yum clean all" and a "yum update" BEFORE you install the new AV-SPAM v7.2 on your BlueOnyx 5209R.

If you already had an older AV-SPAM and Clam AV PKG installed on your BlueOnyx 5209R when you install the new AV-SPAM v7.2, then the installer will remove both older PKGs (AV-SPAM and Clam AV) during the installation of the new AV-SPAM PKG.

Likewise: Once the AV-SPAM v7.2 is installed any older Clam AV PKG will no longer be presented in NewLinQ for installation, as this is now all in one PKG.

Post-install procedure after an UPDATE of the AV-SPAM from v6.4 to v7.2:

1.) Wait until the AV-SPAM v7.2 has finished installing.

2.) As root from SSH run the command "swatch" twice. It may show SQL
     related errors first time around. Second time around it shouldn't.

3.) As root from SSH run "/usr/sausalito/sbin/avspam_init.pl -status"
     to check the state of your AV-SPAM services.

4.) If any of these services is reported to be in a failed state, run
     "/usr/sausalito/sbin/avspam_init.pl -restart" to fix these issues.

Caveats:
========

The update from v6.4 to v7.2 is massive on 5209R and there isn't much that hasn't changed, been revised, updated or fixed. The whole integration into the BlueOnyx GUI is now much more seamless. However, the downside is also that the GUI based PKG install that needs to erase an old v6.4 AV-SPAM and installs a v7.2 AV-SPAM has to perform a lot of time consuming tasks.

Therefore it *can* be, that first attempt to upgrade from v6.4 to v7.2 runs into a timeout. If that is the case, simply try the upgrade/install of the AV-SPAM again and it should go through this time.