[BlueOnyx:26030] Re: repeating "Package install notification" message

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Mar 14 20:49:34 -05 2023

Hi Chris,

> Sure enough.   Installed Software reports v6.3.2-1.

I see. That's what I thought.

> I ran it through the update via the GUI and the progress bar made it to
> 100% but the message was hung on the installation of Milter-GeoIP, which
> bears out in the log:
>
> ERROR: Problem installing RPM:
> solarspeed-milter-geoip-0.98-4.noarch.rpm.  Aborting.
> solarspeed_net-AVSPAM-v7.2.1-1: Error installing RPM:
> solarspeed-milter-geoip-0.98-4.noarch.rpm.

That RPM does have a few dependencies, but all of these are fulfilled
either out of the BlueOnyx YUM repository or the one of the AV-SPAM uses.

However, the old AV-SPAM v6 uses an older repository than the AV-SPAM
v7.2. One of the first things the AV-SPAM v7.2 installs is the RPM that
contains the new repository (which removes the old one). You are
apparently already tied into the new repository, as its name popped up
in the text you posted:

 > * Solarspeed.net-AVSPAM-v72: mirror.smd.net

> So now we're at the point where I might typically try a yum reinstall
> <packagename>.

Yeah, that may not work. The repository has all the dependencies, but
the PKG has the "real meat".

> Any recommendations for walking it through from here?

Please send me the login details via a "Support Request" in the GUI and
I'll shake it loose for you.