[BlueOnyx:26049] Re: php shell_exec() or exec() always returns null

Brent Epp brent at pdc.ca
Sat Mar 25 09:18:22 -05 2023

On 2023-03-23 14:45, Brent Epp wrote:
> On 2023-03-23 13:15, Michael Stauber wrote:
>> Hi Brent,
>>
>>> Maybe it's not following the config in the include file for some
>>> reason?
>>
>> Ah, yes. That's it, because this wholly depends on what type of PHP
>> implementation you use for the Vsite in question:
>>
>> DSO or DSO/mod_ruid2:     PHP-Settings from Apache include are honored
>>
>> suPHP: Aren't honored, Vsite has it's own php.ini for that
>>
>> PHP-FPM: Aren't honored, Vsite has it's own PHP-FPM pool file for that
>>

>> Now even for DSO or DSO/mod_ruid2 there are special cases. Some
>> config options for PHP are server wide and cannot be set on a per
>> Vsite (or per <Virtualhost>) level.
>>
>> See: https://www.php.net/manual/en/ini.core.php

>>  disable_functions string
>>
>>     This directive allows you to disable certain functions. It takes on
>>     a comma-delimited list of function names.
>>
>>     Only internal functions can be disabled using this directive. User-
>>     defined functions are unaffected.
>>
>>     This directive must be set in php.ini For example, you cannot set
>>     this in httpd.conf.
>>

>> Generally most of the options you find under "Server Management" /
>> "Security" / "PHP" are such "php_admin" functions that must go into
>> php.ini and the GUI usually takes care of that for all relevant PHP
>> versions and implementations that are or may be installed.
>>

> Thanks, Michael, that clears some things up.  I'll play around with
> the PHP implementations and see if I can get it working for just the
> vsite.
>
> Thanks
>  - Brent
Hi Michael,

I set it to suPHP and I can see the php.ini generated in the vsite's
directory, but it's still not working.

The vsite's php.ini file doesn't contain a configuration for
disable_functions (does it inherit certain configs from a master php.ini?)

I can't modify the vsite's php.ini file (read-only, even as root).

Is there somewhere in the BX GUI to edit the vsite-specific php.ini that
I'm missing?

Thanks
  - Brent