[BlueOnyx:26185] MP4 video not playing in browser

Robert Fitzpatrick robert at webtent.org
Wed May 3 11:52:35 -05 2023

I have an interesting dilemma on a 5209R server. A customer reported
they had a page background video not playing on some mobile devices, it
plays on most. The only place I've duplicated the issue is on a very old
iPad I have handy. It plays fine on my Android and a friends fairly new
iPhone. I decided to look at the mp4 video directly and it would not
play as well on the same iPad. I took another small mp4 video from
another website on a vanilla CentOS 7 server that plays fine, it won't
play on the iPad either...

https://www.littlearches.com/testvideo.mp4

Again, plays okay on most devices but not many like my old iPad. Only on
the 5209R, it plays fine from another server...

https://www.wmnf.org/testvideo.mp4

Could there be something in Apache that doesn't allow it to play on the
5209R for some devices?

--
Robert