[BlueOnyx:26254] Re: Modifying user shell results in error

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue May 30 14:32:39 -05 2023

Hi Chris,

> However, checking last does not show that user to be logged in. I do
> show that the user *WAS* logged in and they're noted in last as "gone -
> no logout"
>
> Curious if anyone has seen this?  Ideas?   We'd like to enable SFTP/SCP
> for the user in addition to the FTPS that is already in place.

I've not seen that one in a long time. There are two things you can try
without having me jump at the code:

Disable shell access for the user in question first and save. Then try
again to set the option you actually want to set.

If that doesn't work, you could try to disable shell access for the
whole site first. BUT: This will turn off any shell access for anyone on
that Vsite.

Then turn it on again for the Vsite and that will recreate the jails.
You'd still have to go through all users who need shell and turn their
shell access on again.

Or like send me the login details and I'll try to fix it in the least
destructive way possible.