[BlueOnyx:26613] Re: MariaDB connection cannot be established. Check settings.

Colin Jack colin at mainline.co.uk
Thu Nov 30 13:35:42 -05 2023

Hi Michael,

Hi Colin,

> I am trying to migrate from a 5208R to 5210R but Easy Migrate says
> ERROR: Unable to connect to MySQL/MariaDB on the this server. Please
> make sure MySQL/MariaDB is running and that the connection details for
> MySQL are configured correctly in the GUI.
>
> If I go into the GUI and check MariaDB settings I get
>
> MariaDB connection cannot be established. Check settings.

Ok, that's the problem. Easy-Migrate uses the access details configured
in the GUI in order to access MySQL/MariaDB.

So you need to entere the correct details in the GUI and hit save until
you see that the GUI reports that it has access to SQL.

That is my problem!
No matter how many times I enter the details in the GUI it won’t accept them even though it works fine from the CLI using the same password.

Kind regards

Colin