[BlueOnyx:26614] Re: MariaDB connection cannot be established. Check settings.

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Nov 30 13:41:48 -05 2023

Hi Colin,

> That is my problem!
>
> No matter how many times I enter the details in the GUI it won’t accept
> them even though it works fine from the CLI using the same password.

There is probably a discrepancy between the host that the root user
account is trying to use via the GUI. Try both "localhost" and
"127.0.0.1" and see if one of them works.

Once you have access, check with phpMyAdmin how many "root" user
accounts you have in SQL and what there settings and passwords are.
There might be more than one.