[BlueOnyx:26470] Re: minor Roundcube problem

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Sep 12 11:38:24 -05 2023

Hi Darren,

> This BlueOnyx box hosts our main website, as well as all our hosted websites
> and email clients. We spun up a separate web server for our main website,
> but when I updated the BlueOnyx's DNS for the new primary destination, we
> discovered a problem:
>
> When any of our hosting clients try to access the system for webmail, the
> server redirects them to our primary webpage, which was fine when it was
> serving the relevant webpage, but now that the DNS for the primary page
> points to the new standalone web server, this basically breaks webmail for
> all our hosted clients - when they go to www.mywebsite.com/webmail (just an
> example), Blue Onyx sends them to our new page, which doesn't have the
> webmail installed.

The RoundCube package from the shop installs RoundCube under /roundcube
into each Vsite on the server. So out of the box there is no redirect
that causes the behavior you're describing.

However, it could be that your Apache configuration has a custom rewrite
rule that redirects any /webmail calls somewhere else - for all sites.

Check the directory /etc/httpd/conf.d/ and take a look at the config
files in there to see if there is a rule with /webmail in it. If so, you
might want to remove it.