[BlueOnyx:26496] Re: The Postfix learning curve continues

Chad Bersche chad at bersche.com
Thu Sep 21 14:25:55 -05 2023

Thanks for the explanation, Michael.

Most of the challenges are, honestly, coming from other solutions that
send telemetry, etc. both to local admin (i.e. me) and for remote
diagnostics/statistics.  The emails that are going to domains hosted by
my BlueOnyx, as you'd expect, get delivered just fine.  It's those pesky
outgoing things (and to be honest, I also use internal email to external
SMS notification emails for some things that also get shot down).

While none of these are life and death critical, I'm glad to know that
at least the problem is understood, and appreciate the complexities of
implementing a fix.  Hopefully parsing the IF{postfix} then {ensure IP's
only} won't be a big lift, and also won't disrupt anything else that
needs to work.  I respect that my challenge may be a specific to me one,
and that doing something about it may not be practical without breaking
other things.  If that ends up the case, just tell me. :)

Thank you sir!

   -Chad

On 9/21/2023 1:39 AM, :