[BlueOnyx:26497] Re: The Postfix learning curve continues

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Sep 21 18:21:39 -05 2023

Hi Chad,

> Most of the challenges are, honestly, coming from other solutions that
> send telemetry, etc. both to local admin (i.e. me) and for remote
> diagnostics/statistics.  The emails that are going to domains hosted by
> my BlueOnyx, as you'd expect, get delivered just fine.  It's those pesky
> outgoing things (and to be honest, I also use internal email to external
> SMS notification emails for some things that also get shot down).

Sure, that's fully understandable.

> While none of these are life and death critical, I'm glad to know that
> at least the problem is understood, and appreciate the complexities of
> implementing a fix.  Hopefully parsing the IF{postfix} then {ensure IP's
> only} won't be a big lift, and also won't disrupt anything else that
> needs to work.
No problem. I'll look into it as soon as I can. I had planned it for
today, but instead the two local ISP's in our city played the blame game
again: Two technicians from Movistar opened the porthole in front of our
apartment, lifted all Coax distributors of their competitor "Tigo" out,
threw them back into the hole, gave 'em a few kicks for good measure and
since then we're cut off from the internet again.

Just spent three hours filing a claim with the ISP to get this sorted.
This is now the third sabotage in six weeks and it's getting ridiculous.
Hopefully it'll get sorted by tomorrow, but over here one never knows.

Anyway: As soon as I can I'll look into this.