[BlueOnyx:26524] Re: minor Roundcube issue

Darren Shea darrens at ecpi.com
Wed Sep 27 11:07:53 -05 2023

Earlier this month, I had posted about some odd roundcube behavior on my
5208R server - specifically that roundcube was rewriting the URL for the
webmail on some sites, which was causing issues when I had changed where the
DNS was pointing for the main www host.

Larry Smith's suggestion to change site names and DNS was correct, although
I didn't understand why at the time, but Michael Stauber posted a link to
the https://www.blueonyx.it/dns-for-email in a different thread a few days
ago, and that page is where everything came together in my brain.

The original issue was created because
1) our main page was the first website configured on the Blue Onyx
2) it was defined as being the "www" host
3) I found that only sites which do not have their web services also hosted
on this Blue Onyx were exhibiting the problem

The solution was simply to change the host name in Virtual Site Settings
from "www" to "mail" for all sites I wanted to have webmail access, despite
the fact the www host was not on the Blue Onyx. After I did that, it seems
to be handling the webmail access normally, even though I have again pointed
that first site's "www" A record to a different host.

Thanks,
     Darren