[BlueOnyx:26878] Re: Roundcube attachment size

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Apr 2 12:19:37 -05 2024

Hi Roy,

> I recently upgraded to 5211R and installed roundcube.  All is going well
> except the max attachment is limited to 2 Mb.  I would like to set the
> max message size to 25 Mb.  I did not set a max size limit in the BQ GUI
> and I can send larger attachments with a mail client such as Outlook.
>
> A quick web search indicated several ways to increase the size for
> roundcube.  Some refer to modifying the PHP limits, and other suggest
> modifying the .htaccess file with the roundcube directory of the vsite.
> What is the proper way to do this.  I am ok with having all vsites use
> the same limit of 25 Mb.  If I am modifying the PHP config, would that
> be the php.ini of the virtual site?  Is there a way to make a global
> change or will I need to change each vsite?
There are two factors at play here: MTA settings and PHP settings.

MTA: Go to "Network Services" / "Email" and in the "Advanced" tab check
what you have set for "Maximum Email Size (MB)". It may be empty, in
which case there is no limit for max email size. If it is empty, you can
leave it as it is. Otherwise set whatever size you see fit.

PHP Settings: Each RoundCube install uses whatever PHP settings the
Vsite has configured. So if a RoundCube install says that your
attachment size is limited to 2MB, then check the PHP settings of that
Vsite in question. See what values are configured for "Upload max
filesize" and "Post max size" and adjust them accordingly.