[BlueOnyx:26883] Let's Encrypt

Roy Fritz rfritz at wpia.net
Wed Apr 3 12:08:51 -05 2024

I have moved from a very old version to 5211R.  I used CMU and everything
went fine.  The configuration I migrated from the old server is the same for
most of the domains I host (see example below).  I have also installed
roundcube.  The majority of these vsites are handling both web and email.  I
do have a few sites that we are hosting mail only and the host name is mail.
In those cases I added an index.html file that does a redirect to
mail.domain.com/roundcube, obviously those work fine.

Host name          www

Domain name    domain.com

Web alias             domain.com

Email alias           domain.com, mail.domain.com

The DNS entry has A records for www, ftp and mail pointing to the IP address
assigned to the vsite.  Each vsite has it's own IP address.  Servers are
running Postfix.

Initially I used the GUI to grab a Let's Encrypt cert and it works great for
www.domain.com, but it didn't encrypt mail.domain.com

I have tried a few configurations such as removing the Email aliases and
adding them as web aliases, but I seem to have issues with mail delivery in
that config.

I also tried to add a sub domain with a host name of mail and selected
/home/.sites/sitex/wwwroot/web then entered roundcube as the web directory.
I generated a new Let's Encrypt cert and selected ssl for subdomains and
added the mail.domain.com subdomain to the cert.

I either have issues with mail flow or mail.domain.com is not encrypted with
the cert.  My goal is to have the one cert cover both www.domain.com for web
browsing and mail.domain.com for mail clients and roundcube.   If this is
possible, what is the best practice for those domains doing both web and
mail?

Roy Fritz

Western PA Internet Access

326 Vanyo Road