[BlueOnyx:26888] Re: outgoing issue

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sat Apr 6 14:17:19 -05 2024

Hi Barry,

> I have been fighting an issue all week where, each morning, something is
> blocking outgoing email. (At times, it seems some incoming is also
> blocked.)

Check /var/log/maillog for errors. If incoming and/or outgoing email is
not working, then that should be the first step to determine the cause.

> As yesterday, I was able to resolve it by entering on the CLI
> /usr/sausalito/sbin/avspam_init.pl -restart
>
> Is there a similar command in the GUI to use?

In the GUI just go to "Network Services" / "AV-SPAM" and hit save in the
"Services" tab (it's the first tab of that page) and that will also
restart all email related services that are currently set to enabled.